St. Mary's Catholic Church
Liturgy is the customary public worship performed by a religious group. As a religious phenomenon, liturgy represents a communal response to and participation in the sacred through activities reflecting praise, thanksgiving, remembrance, supplication or repentance.
Jennifer Stoebner and Susan Edwards
254/ 773- 4541
We welcome all youth to serve as Altar Servers during Sunday Masses and other Liturgies at St. Mary’s. Feel free to contact the office or attend any of the Altar Server formation events listed down below to become part of this ministry.
- Click Here To Complete Form
- After completing the form, please save to your computer, then use step 2 to submit your form. You may also print the completed form and take it to the office.
- Click Here to Submit Form
Altar Server Training and Formation are the 1st Wednesday of the month during the school year.
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
The ministry of Altar Server has a rich heritage of service at the Altar. They assist the Priests at the Altar during Sunday Masses and other Liturgies. The Altar Server helps lead the people in prayer and adds a richness to the Liturgy.
Who can serve at the Altar?
- All children who are past 2nd grade and have received 1st Holy Communion
- Those children who have the physical strength to assist at the Altar
What are the duties and expectations?
- Need to serve at scheduled times
- Need to attend formation sessions
- Need to be an example of prayer and discipline on the Altar
The Mission of Altar Servers
The Altar Server is called to be an example of prayer and helps to lead the people in prayer. For many centuries the were responsible for responding to the priest’s prayers and preparing the Altar. We, at St. Mary’s have a rich formation program for our Altar Servers in which we help them appreciate their role. We would love to incorporate any young person into our program.